Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Accountant.
Reporting: Principal Lead; Functional Reporting: Manager, Accounts
Qualification: Postgraduate in accounting from a reputed institute with a minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience in the development sector
- Knowledge of Tally ERP.9, MS Office, and Excel is a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an added advantage
- English speaking
- Book entries in Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Navision) with proper allocations under correct budget heads
- Check GST & TDS rates on bills and ensure proper GST and TDS compliances in Bills & Books
- Knowledge of Taxation Compliances – GST, Income Tax, TDS, etc.
- Report generation and prepare bank reconciliation statements
- Process reimbursement of travel allowances/advance, telephone/internet bills, insurance, and tour expenses bills, among others
- Collect and check quotations, prepare comparative statements of contractors/vendors/suppliers, and process bills with supporting documents
- Prepare and issue work/purchase orders
- Prepare statements of Income Tax and other related department queries
- Update and keep track of budget and expenses under the project
- Project-based Accounting-Prepare project financial statements on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Assist project team in any office/project-related purchases
- Maintain records and registers related to office and project assets
- Coordination with field team & accountants, head office accounts and finance team, and other centers.
- Maintenance of leave/day off records of all employees and consultants every month
- Assist in the hiring process of the field team and maintain records
- Orientation of new hire for Accounts & Admin related work
- Ensuring smooth handover of records and assets by separating employees
- Assist the field team in the local purchase by identifying reliable vendors/suppliers at the most competitive rates
- Issuing Purchase Order & Job Order with necessary Terms & Conditions in coordination with the local team and head office
- Logistical support for all events, field visits, and guests, including transport, accommodation, etc.
- Timely submission of electricity bills, taxes, etc.
- Maintaining records for Office Rent & Agreements
Compensation: Remuneration at S M Sehgal Foundation is highly competitive. Qualified women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Email your CV with a cover letter, the contact information of two references, and current CTC to email@example.com with the subject line – Application for Accountant (Muzaffarpur).
*Applicants are required to specify their current and expected CTC in their email.