Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Assistant Program Lead – Local Participation and Sustainability on a consultancy basis.
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Senior Program Lead
- Master’s in social sciences/ rural management or related field
- Minimum 6-7 years’ work experience, directly working with the communities in the rural areas
- Previous experience of working with NGO’s/development sector will be an advantage
- Should have strong project management skills
- Should have excellent documentation skills
- Basic knowledge of computers- MS Office and Internet
- Proficient in both reading and spoken English
- Willingness to travel and work in rural areas as per need
- Ability to independently handle integrated village development projects
- Supervise all integrated village development activities under various projects, as assigned by the organisation
- Work with rural communities and build capacities of Field Associate/ Field Assistants and villagers as per requirement
- Work in close collaboration with village level institutions and government departments as per requirement
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Progress Reports, Annexures and document success stories, IEC materials regularly as per requirement
- Manage and approve the expenditure of field staff and the activities in the projects
- Review monthly action plans and activity reports of Field Associates/ Field Assistants
- Ensure that S M Sehgal Foundation’s vision, mission, values, culture, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Any other responsibility assigned by management as per the requirement of the organization.
Compensation: Remuneration at S M Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Qualified women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applying: June 30, 2022
How to apply: Email your CV with cover letter, contact information of two references/and CTC to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Application for Assistant Program Lead – Local Participation and Sustainability (Sohna, Haryana).
*Applicants are required to specify their current and expected remuneration in the email.