Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Field Assistant -Agriculture Development and Extension on a consultancy basis.
Reporting: Assistant Program Lead – Agriculture Development and Extension
- Diploma/Bachelor degree in agriculture/ extension / horticulture
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience of working directly with farmers in NGO’s/ development sector
- Strong community mobilizations and liasioning skills at village/mandal level
- Familiar with local crops, culture, agricultural practices and related issues
- Good knowledge of Telugu and working knowledge of English/Hindi
- Basic knowledge of computers- MS Office and Internet
The role of the Field Assistant is smooth implementation of project intervention, community mobilizations, formation, training and capacity building of Women Farmer Clubs (WFC), demonstration of PoP, organizing field days, data collection, documentation and providing timely inputs to the project coordinator.
- Formation of WFCs and working intensively with them
- Community mobilization, organizing meetings and training programs
- Execute the project interventions as per monthly/quarterly action plans
- Provide technical support to farmers on best agriculture practices
- Organize field days, exposure visits and Sammelan of women farmers
- Provide inputs for monthly/quarterly/annual project reports, success stories, news articles etc
- Wider dissemination of knowledge through IEC materials
- Liaisoning with key community leaders, Gram Panchayats, KVKs, NGOs, Govt. departments, line departments and other stakeholders at Mandal level
- Strict adhering to SF’s vision, mission and guiding principles
- Safeguarding SF/donor’s interest in the field
- Any other responsibility assigned by management as per the requirement of the organization
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply
Deadline for applying: June 25, 2022
How to apply: Candidates with required qualifications and desired experience may submit their resume clearly mentioning current CTC and availability for joining in number of days to email@example.com, with subject line – Application for “Field Assistant – ADE, Medak/Siddipet”
*Applicants are required to specify their current and expected remuneration in the email.