Field Assistant, Agriculture Development
Location: Medak/Siddipet (Telangana)
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Field Assistant, Agriculture Development on a Consultancy basis.
Locations: Medak/Siddipet (Telangana)
Experience: Minimum 2-3 years’ of experience of working directly with farmers in NGO’s/ development sector.
– Diploma/Bachelor degree in agriculture/ extension / horticulture
– Strong community mobilization and liasioning skills at village/mandal level
– Familiar with local crops, culture, agricultural practices and related issues
– Good knowledge of Telugu and working knowledge of English/Hindi
– Basic knowledge of computer – MS Office and Internet
The role of the Field Assistant is smooth implementation of project intervention, community mobilization, formation, training and capacity building of Women Farmer Clubs (WFC), demonstration of PoP, organizing field days, data collection, documentation and providing timely inputs to the project coordinator.
– Formation of WFCs and working intensively with them
– Community mobilization, organizing meetings and training programs
– Execute the project interventions as per monthly/quarterly action plans
– Provide technical support to farmers on best agriculture practices
– Organize field days, exposure visits and Sammelan of women farmers
– Provide inputs for monthly/quarterly/annual project reports, success stories, news articles etc
– Wider dissemination of knowledge through IEC materials
– Liaisoning with key community leaders, Gram Panchayats, KVKs, NGOs, Govt. departments, line departments and other stakeholders at Mandal level
– Strict adhering to SF’s vision, mission and guiding principles
– Safeguarding SF/donor’s interest in the field
– Any other responsibility assigned by management as per the requirement of the organization
Language: Knowledge of Telugu is compulsory.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applying: April 25, 2021
How to apply: Email your CV with cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line – Application for ‘Field Assistant – Agriculture Development (Medak/Siddipet)’.
*Applicants are required to specify their current CTC and availability for joining in number of days in the email.