Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Field Assistant – Water Management on a consultancy basis.
Number of Positions: 4
Project: Neer Sanrakshan
Reporting: Project Coordinator/Program Lead – Water Management
- Degree or diploma in any disciplines from a reputed national /state university
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working on water conservation projects preferably of tank desiltation and rejuvenation or watershed interventions
- Strong community mobilization skills and experience of working with farmers/village communities
- Experience of working with NGO’s/development sector will be an advantage
- Willingness to stay and work in rural areas
- Familiar with local language, culture, water management related issues
- The candidate must have good communication skills in Kannada and working knowledge of English and Hindi is preferable
- Basic knowledge of computers- MS Office and Internet.
- Awareness creation, community mobilization and rapport building with local communities
- Smoother implementation of project interventions
- Collect data for baseline and need assessments and net planning exercise
- Formation and strengthening of Village Level Institution like Tank User Groups (TUG), Village Development Committee (VDC), Operation & Maintenance Committee (O&M) etc
- Ensure optimum community participation in project interventions especially women
- Raise community contribution in cash/kind for operation and maintenance fund
- Organize meetings and capacity building programs around project interventions
- Organize field visits of donors/partners/visitors in the project villages
- Safeguarding the interest of Sehgal Foundation and partner organization in villages including assets like office space, sign boards, wall paintings, all interventions and infrastructure etc
- Other duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor or any Sehgal Foundation representative from time to time
- Strict adhering to organizational vision, mission and guiding principles.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply
Deadline for applying: October 30, 2021
How to apply: Candidates with required qualifications and desired experience may submit their resume clearly mentioning current CTC and availability for joining in number of days to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Application for Post of “Field Assistant – NS (location)”.
*Applicants are required to specify the desired location in the email.