Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Field Specialist (Civil Works) on a consultancy basis.
Reporting: Principal Lead – Water Management
Position Requirements: Diploma, B.Sc./B.Tech in Civil Engineering or Bachelor in Geology /Environmental Sciences or any related disciplines from a reputed national /state university
Experience: Minimum 4-5 years of experience managing water conservation projects preferably of tank desiltation, check dams, watershed interventions etc.
- Ensure seamless implementation, coordination and monitoring of civil projects
- Ensure all deliverables are achieved in compliance with plans, targets and allocated budget
- Maintaining transparent procedures while ensuring high-quality standards for implementation
- Prepare weekly/fortnightly/monthly/quarterly work plans, budgets, financial reports, progress report and manage the whole project efficiently in close coordination with donor
- Organize awareness programs, rapport building activities, focus group discussions (FGD) and community mobilization meetings etc.
- Formation and strengthening of Village Level Institution (VLI) like Tank User Groups (TUG), Water Management Groups (WMG) Village Development Committee (VDC), Operation and Maintenance Committee (OMC) etc. for project’s long-term sustainability
- Ensuring effective participation of local communities and project beneficiaries specially women
- Liaison with panchayat/block/district administration or concerned departments for permissions/NOC required, if any
- coordinate with all stakeholders for smooth execution of project interventions
- Convergence with govt. programs & schemes leveraging benefits around project interventions
- Data collection, analysis, monitoring and evaluation, preparing narrative & manage project MIS
- Documentation and dissemination of success stories and writing project report and outcomes
- Develop training modules and organize training program around project interventions for all stakeholders
- Preparation of estimates and budgets for project interventions
- Coordinate with the finance & administration regarding invoices, contracts, works order, payments, fund utilization certificates etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate field visits of donor/ Sehgal Foundation (SF) officials to project sites
- Device and implement strategies for ensuring long term sustainability of the project interventions at pre, during and post implementation phase of the project interventions.
- Provide technical support to field team, develop and update modules for professional capacity building and keeping them highly motivated
- Provide support to all other programs/ centres of SF on Water Management, Agriculture Development and Local Participation and Sustainability
- Safe guarding all interest and reputation of SF and donor organization in project villages
- Ensure wider replication of demonstrated project interventions by villagers and other agencies
- Prepare project proposals along with the budget, bills of quantity (BOQ), drawings etc. for next year project
- Strict adhering to organizational vision, mission and guiding principles of SF
- Any other duty or responsibility assigned by organization or its representative from time to time
Language: Knowledge of Telugu is compulsory along with English.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply
Deadline for applying: June 25, 2022
How to apply: Candidates with required qualifications and desired experience may submit their resume clearly mentioning current CTC and availability for joining in number of days to email@example.com, with subject line – Application for “Field Specialist, Medchal”.
*Applicants are required to specify their current and expected remuneration in the email.