Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Project Associate (Project Coordinator cum Civil Specialist) – Water Management on a consultancy basis.
Number of Positions: 3
Project: Neer Sanrakshan
Location: Karnataka-Bangalore Rural-01; Telengana-Sangareddy-01; Medak-01
Reporting: Program Lead/Principal Lead-Water Management
- Diploma, B.Tech/B.Sc. in Civil Engineering or Geology/Environmental Sciences or any other related disciplines from a reputed national/state university
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience managing water conservation projects preferably of tank desiltation and rejuvenation or watershed interventions
- Strong project management and community mobilization skills working directly with farmers and village communities preferably with NGOs in southern India
- Willingness to travel, stay and work in rural areas as per project’s requirements
- Familiar with local language, culture, water management related issues
- Good communication skills in English and Kannada. Working knowledge of Hindi is preferable
- Basic knowledge of computers – MS Office and Internet.
- Ensure all deliverables of projects are achieved in compliance with plans, targets and allocated budget
- Maintaining transparent procedures while ensuring high-quality standards for implementation
- Preparation of estimates and budgets for project interventions
- Coordinate with the finance & administration regarding invoices, contracts, works order, payments, fund utilization certificates etc.
- Prepare weekly/fortnightly/monthly/quarterly work plans, budgets, financial reports, progress report and manage the whole project efficiently in close coordination with supervisor and donor
- Data collection, analysis, monitoring and evaluation, preparing narrative & manage project MIS
- Documentation and dissemination of success stories and writing project report and outcomes
- Networking and liasioning with all stakeholders
- Organize field visits of donors/partners/visitors in the project villages
- Convergence on local government department’s ongoing programs and schemes
- Provide technical support to field team, develop and update modules for professional capacity building and keeping them highly motivated
- Implement strategies for ensuring long term sustainability of the project interventions
- Any other duty or responsibility assigned by the organization or its representative from time to time.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply
Deadline for applying: October 30, 2021
How to apply: Candidates with required qualifications and desired experience may submit their resume clearly mentioning current CTC and availability for joining in number of days to email@example.com, with the subject line – Application for Post of “Project Associate – NS (location)”.
*Applicants are required to specify the desired location in the email.