Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for Project Associate
Reporting: Assistant Program Lead, Champawat
Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience
Skill and Competencies:
- Employees must have excellent communication skills. A large part of this job involves interacting with clients via email, virtual meetings, phone calls, interface meetings and other mediums.
- Experience from Agri-tech/Food/Agriculture industry is desirable
- Good knowledge of MS Windows and Office, and MIS
- Graduation (Multi discipline), relevant to desired skill and competencies, MBA /ABM is preferred
- Experience of working with fresh agriculture produce based product marketing
- Fluency in Hindi & English (written and spoken)
- Ready for regular domestic travel
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, although no limitation for right candidate
- Promote Farmer Producer Company (FPC) focused on financial aspect, along the line developing its business.
- Drive farmer-level procurement through FPCs/Traders and other interested customers.
- Steer face to face and remote selling to new and existing customers like – Big Buyers and Processors, APMC Mandi, organized retail chain company etc. with an aim to increase farmers’ value capture in the value-chain.
- Maximise trade of agriculture and allied sector commodities as per business plan of FPC.
- Prepare Marketing strategy for Business Development Initiating contact with potential customers for developing leads and selling products.
- Develop and implement crop procurement and sales strategies, identify potential customers, and foster current customer relationships, for our customers.
- Responsible for Planning, Designing, Developing & Implementing different sales activities by researching the client’s need and requirements.
- Monitor new market trends, analyse & develop plans for growth.
- Ensure that paperwork is produced to comply with requirements for the trade/exchange of goods.
- Assist with complex queries regarding orders, shipments, and compliance from internal departments.
- Ensure clients are fully informed with all relevant information regarding their orders and shipments.
- Manage product wise P&Ls and enables profit maximization.
- Research & evaluate new & innovative ways of Sales & Marketing to targeted audiences.
- Establish throughout supply chain i.e. backward as well as forward
- Liason with government department and agencies.
- Any other need based activity a per requirement of FPC and organisation
Compensation: Salaries at S M Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Please email your statement of purpose along with the resume, contact information of two references, notice period, and current/expected CTC to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – ‘Application for Project Associate (Champawat)’.
Deadline for applying: January 31, 2023