Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Research Associate (Impact and Outreach) on a consultancy basis.
Reports to: Principal Scientist
- Master’s degree in public policy, social sciences, human development, economics or any other related field.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience in establishing government relations, undertaking public policy analysis and liaising with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in managing government relations and/or advocacy work on issues of food, water security and citizen participation.
- Experience in building connections with different government departments and agencies.
- Ability to think creatively on policy issues and related programs.
- Ability to undertake policy analysis and writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with collaborative approach to working in teams
- Strong research skills and analytical aptitude
- Strong government contacts at local, state and federal levels
- Assist senior management and leadership with strategic planning for collaborating with government departments and regulatory or functional committees.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with members of center, state and local government entities.
- Collaborate with sector partners to build areas of common interest.
- Research and monitor government activities, legislations and constituted committees aligned with the foundation’s mandate.
- Undertake policy analysis in line with the work of the foundation and publish white papers with key recommendations.
- Strive for SF’s presence in key public committees/consortia drafting public policies aligned with the foundation’s areas of work.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applying: October 15, 2021
How to apply: Email your CV with cover letter, contact information of two references/and CTC to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Application for Impact and Outreach Associate.
*Applicants are required to specify the desired location in the email.