S M Sehgal Foundation (SMSF) is a rural, grassroots implementing NGO that operates across 12 states of India, reaching over 4.2 million people and counting. The organization’s mission is to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. S M Sehgal Foundation has five main program areas: Agricultural Development, Water Management, Local Participation and Sustainability, Transform Lives one school at a time, and Outreach for Development.
As part of its project operational in Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh, SMSF seeks to hire an agency to conduct a baseline survey in the selected project villages.
1. Conducting baseline survey in the intervention villages of Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh.
2. Create a detailed baseline study report mapping key indicators to act as benchmark for future evaluation purpose.
S M Sehgal Foundation is implementing a project in Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh in 10 villages on water, agriculture and livelihood (WAL) interventions. The objectives of the project are:
1. Increase in water availability through the development of ponds for surface water storage and groundwater recharge.
2. Provide knowledge about best management practices to improve agriculture and allied activities.
3. Build the capacity of farmers and improve information dissemination.
4. Develop income-generation business models through women’s groups.
5. Build the capacity of community members to maintain the structures created.
To ensure targeted interventions to generate desired impact, the foundation is looking for a credible research agency to conduct a baseline survey and create a detailed baseline report that will establish reliable baseline data for the project. The baseline study will establish benchmark values as per the objectives of the project in order to track changes happening in due course of project intervention. The baseline study will include key stakeholders of the project, and the results of the baseline survey will establish the reference data of selected indicators for the project.
Interested research agencies should submit their technical proposal outlining the methodology and the financial proposal by February 8, 2023.
Project Intervention Locations:
The selected research agency will be required to create the baseline study on basis of the following planned activities.
1. Pond development
2. Promotion of scientific agricultural practices for yield improvement
3. Farmers training for good practices in agriculture
4. Farmer field days
5. Demonstration of composting techniques
6. Demonstration of solar spray pumps
7. Solar irrigation system
8. Capacity building of women’s self-help group
9. Capacity building of women Farmer Interests Group (FIG)
10. Capacity building of village development committee
Duration of the study
February 15-March 25, 2023
• Proposal for the study – to include objectives, methodology, timeline, team credentials and budget.
• Credentials of the organization and projects handled.
• The agency should have relevant thematic experience of working in the social sector (at least 5-6 years), specifically in conducting baseline and endline surveys with non-profit organizations.
• The selected research agency will be required to complete the survey and submit the report by March 25, 2023. The selection will be done considering the soundness of the technical proposal along with the feasibility of the financial proposal.
• Interested agencies should submit their technical proposal (only outlining the methodology and approach) and financial proposal by February 8, 2023 to email@example.com