Assistant Program Lead – Food and Nutrition
Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, the Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from the partners, S M Sehgal Foundation (Sehgal Foundation) designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Assistant Program Lead, Food and Nutrition on a renewable fixed-term contract.
Location: Gurugram, Haryana
Reporting: Implementation Lead
Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience
Required Qualifications: Postgraduate in Food Nutrition with 2-3 years of experience of working in the not-for-profit sector. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The candidate will be a subject matter specialist who will engage in strengthening the nutrition-agriculture linkages in field-level project interventions of SMSF. S/he will provide inputs and guidance to promote nutrition in SMSF programs based on local crops and dietary advice using locally accessible and affordable resources with a specific focus on women and children. The candidate will also manage CSR projects related to the intersection of agriculture and nutrition.
● Assess nutrition contents of kitchen gardens to be promoted at the household level
● Advice on nutrition-based food basket for women, children and adolescent girls based on availability and accessibility of local ingredients
● Plan new CSR projects with Partnership team in terms of scoping and develop project proposals with a focus on nutrition-agriculture linkages
● Oversee implementation of CSR projects including planning of activities, training and capacity building of field team, budget tracking, community engagement
● Monitor project and field interventions related to areas of nutrition-agriculture linkages
● Network and liaison with government departments, KVKs, universities, and other key stakeholders.
● Represent S M Sehgal Foundation in externally organized workshops, conferences, and seminars.
● Prepare information and communications materials pamphlets, banners, booklets and training manuals in Hindi and English
● Ensure that S M Sehgal Foundation’s vision, mission, values, culture, policies and procedures are adhered to.
● Any other responsibility assigned by management per the organization's requirement.
Interested candidates may kindly send your updated resume to email@example.com
Candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applying: January 20, 2024