Program Lead, Adaptive Technologies – Water
Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, the S M Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from partners, S M Sehgal Foundation (Sehgal Foundation) designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Program Lead, Adaptative Technologies – Water on an annually renewable fixed-term contract.
Location: Gurugram, Haryana
Reporting: Principal Scientist
Experience: Minimum 7 years’ fieldwork experience of working on Water Management issues having
contributed in innovative solution development
The primary responsibility of Program Lead, Adaptive Technologies – Water is to acquire, adapt or develop, test and demonstrate the appropriate technologies suitable for implementation to enhance the water availability. The Program Lead, Adaptive Technologies – Water will report to Principal Scientist.
● Study the water situation and assess the needs of vulnerable community
● Develop Innovative solutions to increase the water availability
● Explore and develop partnerships with other Institutions for:
– Access and adapt or develop appropriate technologies for adoption
– Adoption of innovations developed by foundation in new geographic areas
● Support implementation, capacity building teams in assessing technological needs, designing the solutions and implementation, capacity Building of stakeholders of water management and implementers towards Foundations mission
● Represent the Foundation at various workshops, conferences, meetings to attract other stakeholders for contribution/partnership/joint ventures.
● Networking with organizations having expertise on related issues.
● Master’s (M. Tech /M.Sc.) OR Graduation in (Civil Engineering/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Science)
● Previous experience of working with vulnerable communities via NGO’s/development sector will be an advantage
● Should have strong communication and organizational skills
● Well-versed with research methodology and data analysis tools
● Should have published relevant articles and papers in scientific journals
● Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English and Hindi
● Willingness to travel and work in rural areas as per need
Interested candidates may kindly send your updated resume to email@example.com
Candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applying: January 20, 2024
*Preference will be given to candidates who can join immediately