Position: Assistant Program Leader, Agriculture Development (South India)
Reports to: Director-Water Management
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana/Andhra Pradesh
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor/Master degree in Agriculture with specialization in agronomy, soil science, extension/horticulture or any other related discipline from a reputed national /state agriculture university
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience of working in the field directly with farmers in agriculture development projects especially in southern India
- Strong project management and community mobilization skills
- Experience of working with NGO's/ development sector will be an advantage
- Willingness to travel, stay and work in rural areas as per need
- Familiar with the local language, culture, agricultural practices, and related issues in Southern India
- The candidate must have good communication skills in English and Telugu. Working knowledge of Hindi is preferable.
- Basic knowledge of computers- MS Office and Internet
- Lead the ongoing agriculture development projects in South India
- Provide technical support and training to the team members and farmers on-farm management practices in a designated area according to project requirements.
- Supervise, guide, and mentor team members responsible for designing and implementing agriculture and allied activities in the field.
- Prepare or support in the development of project proposals particularly for components related to agriculture and allied activities
- Prepare regular narrative on the projects and manage project MIS
- Prepare outcome and impact assessment of agriculture interventions.
- Prepare the budget, financial reports, and manage the expenditure of the projects efficiently.
- Coordinate with the finance & administration department regarding invoices, contracts, payments, and fund utilization certificates
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with government officers, KVKs, community leaders in villages, grassroots organizations and likeminded NGOs
- Prepare information and communications materials pamphlets, banners, booklets, and training manuals in Hindi and English on agriculture and allied activities for team members and farmers
- Remain abreast of government policies and programs.
- Any other responsibility assigned by management as per the requirement of the organization.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2020
How to apply: Email your CV with cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line – Application for Assistant Program Leader, Agriculture Development (South India).