Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for Program Lead on a fixed-term contract. The role of the program leads is to supervise a crop residue management (CRM) project being implemented in the Kaithal district of Haryana. The key responsibilities include overall management of project operations, team supervision, and documentation and reporting.
Number of Positions: 1
Reporting: Principal Lead
- Good communication skills, including writing in English and Hindi
- Experience in project management and implementation
- Computer literacy, knowledge of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily supervision
Agricultural graduate/ postgraduate/Agribusiness management /business management from a reputed institute with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience managing agriculture / CRM / agri-based projects and strong project management skills.
- Oversee the operation and management of the CRM project being implemented in the Kaithal district of Haryana
- Supervise, guide, and mentor the project implementation team.
- Support the project implementation team in mobilizing communities for the adoption of project interventions
- Prepare regular project updates and reports for internal and external audiences.
- Build technical capacities of project teams and beneficiaries on project interventions such as a crop-specific package of practices, soil health management, use of CRM-appropriate machines, women farmer’s empowerment, and other need-based support required in the project
- Identify new/innovations and technology to sustainably address the issue of CRM
- Develop a training manual for Farmers training on proposed interventions
- Provide support in conducting economic feasibility analysis of project intervention’s output, outcomes, and impacts
- Liasion with government institutions such as KVKs, Agriculture Departments, Animal Husbandry Departments, and Agriculture Universities to provide additional support and knowledge to the project team and the farming community on CRM
- Documentation and dissemination of success stories & writing project reports
- Undertake any other responsibility assigned by management as per the organization’s requirement.
Compensation: Salaries at S M Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: : Please email your statement of purpose along with the resume, contact information of two references, notice period, and current/expected CTC to email@example.com with the subject line – ‘Application for Program Lead (Kaithal)’.
Deadline for applying: January 25, 2023